The planning committee works collaboratively to oversee all aspects of the organization. This committee has the primary responsibility of executing and steering the event in its entirety. It is a fun and exciting part of the Reading Olympics.
Participation includes, but is not limited to:
- Recruiting volunteers, sponsors, host facilities, and participating schools
- Collaborating with other participating IU’s to establish book lists and questions
- Reviewing the rules and regulations on an annual basis
- Training volunteers and school participants
- Selection of event materials
- Materials distribution
The event committee helps orchestrate many aspects of the event. Including registering teams, distributing awards, preparing the venue for the event, and organizing the teams and their sponsors.
The registration committee is responsible for registering teams at the event and moderator/scorekeeper check-in. This committee also tallies the scores after the last round and prepares the ribbons for the award ceremony.
Sponsored & Coordinated by the Chester County Intermediate Unit